Elections; Town Meetings & Voter Registration
The September 6, 2022 State Primary will be held at the Ipswich YMCA located at 110 County Rd. The polls will be open from 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM.
Information on voter registration, absentee ballots, your status as a voter, candidates on the current STATE ballot and EARLY VOTING may be accessed at:
Who May Register to Vote
Those wishing to register to vote in Massachusetts may do so if they are:
- A United States Citizen; and
- A Massachusetts resident; and
- At least 18 years old or older on or before the next election.
The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) - This federal law allows U.S. citizens who are active members of the Uniformed Services, the Merchant Marine, and the commissioned corps of the Public Health Service and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, their family members, and U.S. citizens residing outside the United States. This Act provides the legal basis for absentee voting requirements for these citizens."
UOCAVA applications may be forwarded to the Town Clerk's Office in one of three ways, 1. by U.S. mail to 25 Green Street, Ipswich MA 01938; 2. by fax at 978-356-6021; 3. by email.
Find Your Voter Status: Where You Are Registered to Vote & Your Party Affiliation
All precincts in the Town of Ipswich vote at the YMCA, 110 County Road. You may find additional information regarding voting location and voting status by visiting the Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts website and complete the "find my voter registration status form".
Voter Registration Form - Mail In Form and On Line Registration:
You may register in person at the Town Clerk’s Office or use a form prescribed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for mail in and for On Line registrations. You may register to vote at any state agency or at the Registry of Motor Vehicles when renewing a driver’s license.
Visit the State Elections Division for further voter information. Elections Division is where you will find information on voter registration, absentee ballots and your status as a voter.
Changing Name, Address &/or Party
The voter registration form may be used to change a name or address for voter registration purposes and/or to join a party, change from one party to another, or to leave a party.
Registration Deadlines and Sessions:
The registration deadline is 20 days prior to each annual town meeting, annual town election, and each state election. The registration deadline is 10 days prior to each special town meeting.
Voter Registration Sessions are held at the Town Clerk's Office from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM on the deadline dates as established by Massachusetts State Law and Regulation.
Campaign & Finance Reports
Massachusetts General Law Chapter 55 (MGL 55) governs the financing of political campaigns in the Commonwealth. Campaign and finance reports must be filed by candidates and their committees, if any, regardless of whether or not any funds were raised or any expenses were incurred during a reporting period. Reports must be filed 8 days prior to an election, 30 days after an election and at the end of the calendar year. Ballot question committees are also subject to MGL 55.
Town Clerk Requirement:
The Town Clerk is statutorily required to post, on the town's website, the reports of all candidates who have raised or expended $1,000 or more during any reporting period.
Reports of Candidates raising or expending $1,000 during a reporting period:
- 2010 Berry 8 Days Prior To Election (PDF)
- 2010 Cann 8 Days Prior To Election (PDF)
- 2010 Craft 8 Days Prior To Election (PDF)
- 2012 Dietz 8 Days Prior To Election (PDF)
- 2012 Mootafian 8 Days Prior To Election (PDF)
- 2012 Mootafian 30 Days After Election (PDF)
- 2012 Morley 30 Days After Election (PDF)
- 2012 Nylen 8 Days Prior To Election (PDF)
- 2012 Nylen 30 Days After Election (PDF)
- 2014 Dougherty 8 Days Prior (PDF)
- 2014 Field 8 Days Prior (PDF)
- 2014 Ipswich At A Crossroads 8 Days Prior To Election (PDF)
- 2014 Ipswich At A Crossroads 30 Days After Election (PDF)
- 2015 Ipswich Supports Ed.(1)_ 8 Days Prior
- 2015 Ipswich Supports Ed.(2) 30 Days After
- 2015 Ipswich Supports Ed.(3) End of Year
- 2016 George 8 Days Prior To Election
- 2017 Ipswich Community School_Statement of Org_Ballot Question Comm
- 2017 Statement of Organization_William Whitmore
- 2018 One Ipswich 8 Days Prior To Election
- 2018 One Ipswich_30 Days After
- 2018 Strong Ipswich Schools_8 Days Prior
- 2018 Strong Ipswich Schools_8 Day Prior_AMENDED
- 2018 Strong Ipswich Schools_30 Days After
- 2019 Mackin_8 Days Prior
- 2019 Pearce_8 Days Prior
- 2019 Pearce_30 Days After
- 2021 Poirier 8 Days Prior