Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
CHANGES TO INSPECTIONS DUE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC
STARTING MARCH 16, 2020 and UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
All inspection requests must be called into the request line as usual.
Inspectors will not enter occupied homes or apartments.
Inspectors will call to go over what will be required.
Pictures or videos texted, emailed - facetime or skype
New construction, full gut renovations, additions and exterior inspections can take place as long as social distancing is observed.
The work area must be clear of all people in advance of inspection.
Use of inspection alternatives are at Inspectors discretion.
Building inspections are done weekday mornings and Monday through Thursday afternoons (Fridays we close at noon).
- Sheet Metal/ Mechanical inspections are done by Building Inspectors
- When requested Building Inspectors can call a half hour prior to arrival.
Plumbing, Gas & Electrical inspections are done Monday, Wednesday & Thursday mornings.
Inspection requests left before 8:00am can usually be done that day
We will call you only if we cannot honor your request
There are no on time appointments
Call 978-356-6605 ext. 1 to access the inspection request line
At the tone specify:
- Building – Plumbing – Gas or Electrical
- The day you are requesting
- Morning or afternoon for building inspections
- Street address
- Type of inspection
- Name and phone number in case the inspector needs to contact you
- Sheet Metal/ Mechanical Inspections can be combined with Building Rough and Final Inspections.
- When required blower door and duct pressure testing should be done prior to final with results submitted / uploaded.